Boat Shipping in Washington, DC, Maryland & Virginia
Transport Your Boat from MD, DC & VA
When you need boat shipping in Washington, DC, Maryland, or Virginia, call a company you can rely on: Platinum Moving Services.
As one of the most experienced boat shipping companies in Washington, DC, we provide the total package, taking care of all the logistics involved in transporting your small vessel to any part of the world. Whether you are moving or you simply are moving your boat to a recently purchased lake or beach home, call Platinum Moving Services to move your large items for you!
Need to ship your boat? Give us a call or click below to get a FREE quote!
Types of Boats We Ship
Platinum Moving offers a variety of boat shipping services in the DMV area. Our boat shipping experts specialize in:
- Yacht shipping
- Fishing boat shipping
- Sailboat shipping
- Bay boat shipping
- Convertible fishing boat shipping
- Houseboat shipping
- Bowrider boat shipping
- Pontoon boat shipping
- And more!
Boat Shipping in Maryland, Washington, DC & Virginia
Platinum offers a range of boat shipping and boat transport services, including containerized shipping, roll-on roll-off shipping, and flat rack shipping:
- Containerized boat shipping – In containerized shipping, your small vessel will be carefully loaded into a container that is then loaded onto a freight ship.
- Roll-on roll-off boat shipping – In this method, your boat will be rolled directly onto the deck of its freight ship and then secured. It is also used to transport vehicles, is standard and ensures your boat will arrive at your new destination undamaged.
- Flat rack boat shipping – Flat rack containers are used for shipping cargo that is larger than the dimensions of standard containers, so if you have a large boat, flat rack shipping may be ideal for you.
Platinum’s experienced boat shipping team will ensure your boat is packed safely so it arrives at its destination damage-free. If you aren’t sure what kind of boat shipping is best for you, give us a call and we’ll help you decide.
International Boat Shipping from DC, MD & VA
Platinum Moving Services provides international boat shipping from Washington, DC using the methods listed above. Call us at 800-566-6515 for a free quote for international boat shipping in Maryland, Washington, DC and Virginia.
How to Prepare Your Boat for Shipping
- Check for existing damage. Any existing damage should be noted in detail before shipping so that if you find damage to your boat upon arrival, you can file a claim.
- Remove any personal items and expensive equipment. Don’t leave any unsecured belongings or removable boat accessories.
- Make sure all fuel and water has been drained. This reduces the risk of damage.
- Wrap and secure all glass. Windows, windshields, Plexiglas—all of it needs to be expertly secured. Platinum can do this for you if you wish.
- Secure any loose gear above or below deck. Anything you can’t remove and ship separately will be wrapped, taped, tied, and bound so it won’t move during transport.
- Latch and secure all doors, windows, and hatches. Nothing should be able to open during shipping.
Tip: take photos before you disconnect or dismantle anything on your boat to refer to when reassembling at its destination.
Reliable Boat Shipping from Maryland, Virginia & Washington, DC
Whether you have a canoe, speed boat, or yacht, our boat shipping company in Gaithersburg, Maryland can ship it safely to its destination. When you’re shipping your boat to or from the Washington, DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia area or elsewhere, trust the team at Platinum Moving to make it a stress-free experience.
Call Platinum Moving at 800-566-6515 or contact us online for a free boat shipping quote or to learn more about our services.