Piano Movers in Maryland (MD), Washington, DC & Virginia (VA)
Are you in search of experienced, professional piano movers in the DC metro area? Platinum Moving Services is the premier piano moving company for the Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC area. With more than 30 years of moving experience behind us, we are the ones to trust to transport your piano safely.
Whether you're moving your piano across the country, or even overseas, we'll make sure your piano arrives safely at its destination.
To learn more about our DC-area piano moving services, call us at 800-566-6515 or contact us here.
Benefits of Hiring Piano Movers
Over the years Platinum Moving Services has acquired extensive experience preparing pianos for transport, so you can trust the safety of your piano to us. Our piano movers will take care of transporting your piano from start to finish. Hiring piano movers will help:
- Make your move less stressful
- Give you peace of mind about the safety of your piano
- Free you from having to transport a heavy and delicate object
- Ensure your piano won’t lose value due to damage during transport
- And more!
Working with professional piano movers is the best option for transporting this delicate, heavy, investment piece.
DC Area Expert Piano Movers
Planning to try piano moving by yourself? Though it isn’t recommended, moving your piano by yourself requires extra caution. Your piano is very heavy, delicate, and awkward, as pianos carry all their weight in their top half. Just a single scratch can greatly reduce its value! Not only that, trying to move your piano on your own could cause damage not only to your home or piano but to yourself as well! The average piano weighs between 300 and 500 pounds, so improper lifting may put you at risk for injury. Let the professional piano movers at Platinum take care of it for you. Platinum Moving Services’ experienced piano movers will make sure your piano arrives at its destination in the exact shape it was when you entrusted us with it!
What We Do to Protect Your Piano During Shipment
In addition to having expert moving staff handle your piano, we use proven piano moving techniques.
- We use the proper equipment. It’s not enough to wrap the piano up in blankets and packing tape (although that is part of the process). We use professional straps, heavy-duty furniture dollies, and other tried-and-true moving tools to ensure the safety of your piano while we take it from your home or business into our truck and then to its destination.
- We protect the piano’s moving parts. To keep the delicate parts of your piano secure, we lock the keyboard lid (if it doesn’t have a lock, we use other means to secure it—never tape) and the casters, if necessary. We always keep a piano in its full upright position, as laying it on its side can cause damage to its inner workings.
- We carefully secure the piano in our truck. It is absolutely critical that you piano move as little as possible during transport, and we take every step necessary to make certain it doesn’t. Your piano will be placed at the back of the truck bed (closest to the cab), put on planks to relieve pressure on its legs and/or casters, and strapped securely to the walls of the truck.
Piano Movers in Maryland, Virginia & Washington, DC
When you need to move your piano, call an experienced DC-area piano moving company—Platinum Moving Services. Our expert piano movers use the most trusted techniques and equipment to protect your piano during transport so you can concentrate on getting settled in your new home. Platinum specializes in packing and moving delicate items like pianos – we’ve even moved artwork for The Smithsonian – so there isn’t a better piano moving company in the DC metro area to contact.
We also offer complete moving and shipping services, so we can help ensure your entire move is as stress-free as possible and that all of your items, including your piano, arrive in good condition.
When you need a reliable piano moving company, contact Platinum’s piano movers in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC today!
Grand Piano wrapped for shipping. Afterwards the piano is enclosed within wooden crate constructed to fit.