Friendship Heights, Washington, DC International Moving Services
Embarking on an international move? Platinum Moving Services can take care of all the logistics that your move will entail. No matter where you’re going worldwide, Platinum is the one source for all your international moving needs.
Overseas Moving Made Simple
If you are moving from Friendship Heights, Washington, DC, to another country, we will:
- Pack your household goods and personal effects either in cardboard boxes or wooden crates. Our packing craftsmanship is second to none!
- Inventory your belongings.
- Book the vessel to destination.
- Arrange for pickup and delivery of the empty metallic container to your home.
- Load the container and seal it with a lock and numbered metal seal.
- Process all documentation (Bill of Lading, Export Declaration, and other documents).
- Deliver the full container to port.
- Arrange for destination services in the country you are going to with one of our many reputable moving agents. All our agents belong to the prestigious International Association of Movers (IAM) of which we ourselves are a member.
For overseas car shipping, please see our vehicle shipping page!
If you are moving from a foreign country to the Friendship Heights, DC region, we will take care of all of the destination services, including:
- Customs clearance
- Pick up of container at port
- Delivery of full container to your home
- Placement of your belongings in your home, assembly of beds and large furniture
- Removal of debris
- Return of empty container back to port
Many international moving companies also engage us as their agents to process and deliver the household goods and personal effects of their clients arriving in Friendship Heights.
International Moving Services for Diplomatic Personnel
As an international moving expert, we handle global relocation services for numerous worldwide organizations, working regularly with diplomatic personnel and federal agencies. We commonly work with the Embassies of the following countries:
- El Salvador
If you seek overseas moving services for members of an embassy or federal organization, our moving specialists can help. We will pack and ship your items carefully to ensure they reach their destination in tact!
Global Relocation Services for Any Destination
We have over 25 years of experience in integrated logistics and overseas moving. We will get your household goods safely from Friendship Heights to Fukushima or from Denmark to the Dunbarton House.
Platinum Moving Services is the only contact you will need to coordinate your international move, whether you’re a private customer, diplomat, or international organization. As logistics experts, we will manage your entire overseas move from start to finish so you can take care of yourself and your family. We’ll make the moving process as easy and stress-free as possible!
Start Your Free Quote
“Platinum takes professional to a whole new level!”
“Platinum moving made an extraordinary showing of moving me from DC to Mexico City, Mexico. I was somewhat focused as this was the primary worldwide move that I needed to orchestrate all alone as I had been fortunate to have the USG move me all my past times. I had a tight window, a couple of weeks in which to arrange the move. Platinum was extraordinary in working with me to plan the review rapidly and the resulting pack-out. The group they had for me was obliging, proficient, and fast. There was somewhat of a postponement in the entry of the holder from Baltimore, MD because of a mishap and activity that day yet that was minor considering everything by and large. They additionally combined me with an incredible organization in Mexico, called Balderas. There were just a couple of days postponement at the traditions/port in Veracruz before my stuff landed at my new able in Mexico City. Generally, thanks such a great amount to Platinum and Balderas for making the move easily on their parts.”
ABOUT OUR WHITE GLOVE SERVICE
With 30+ years in the moving & shipping business, Platinum has done it all—and done it exceptionally well. Even the Smithsonian raves about us!