Moving to Baltimore Checklist
Baltimore is the land of fresh crabs and the Ravens. With attractions like the Inner Harbor, National Aquarium, Federal Hill Park, and the Museum of Art, Baltimore is a lively city and a great place to move to.
If you’re moving to Baltimore, this checklist has you covered. You’ll spend less time worrying about the move and have more time to explore everything the city has to offer.
1. Decide where to move. Baltimore has tons of neighborhoods, so it’s important to do your research to figure out where you want to live. You can choose from areas like Federal Hill, Guilford, Charles Village, Glen, Canton, and more. Decide what you’re looking for and pick the neighborhood that you like best. The more research you do, the more you’re likely to love your new Baltimore home!
2. Compare local movers. Baltimore, MD has several moving companies to choose from, but you want a moving company that you can trust with all your belongings. So, just like you should research different neighborhoods, you should also research moving companies in Baltimore. There are several things to consider when looking for movers in Baltimore.
- How much experience do they have?
- What do previous customers say about them?
- What moving services do they offer?
- Do they provide storage?
- Read more about how to choose a good moving company.
3. Start packing. Packing is usually the longest part of the moving process. Luckily, these tips can make packing a little easier:
4. Turn on utilities. Before you move to your new home, sign up for utilities like electricity and internet. That way everything will be ready to go when you get to your new home. Here is a list of some local utility companies in Baltimore:
Electricity and Gas
5. Research your new neighborhood. Once the packing is done, the details have been taken care of, and your utilities have been turned on, it’s time to explore your new neighborhood. Look online before you move for places you’ll be frequenting like the grocery store, post office, and pharmacy. You’ll be busy once you arrive, so it’s much easier to figure out details like these before you move!
Hire Our Baltimore Moving Company
Platinum Moving Services offers experienced, professional movers that you can trust. We’re a full service moving company that can do everything, including pack and unpack your items, handle all the details, and safely move your belongings. We even provide long-term or temporary storage. Baltimore, MD is waiting for you, and Platinum Moving Services will get you there.
Have more questions about local moving services or looking for a quote? Contact us online or give us a call at 301-591-3858.
Start Your Free Quote
“Platinum takes professional to a whole new level!”
“Platinum moving made an extraordinary showing of moving me from DC to Mexico City, Mexico. I was somewhat focused as this was the primary worldwide move that I needed to orchestrate all alone as I had been fortunate to have the USG move me all my past times. I had a tight window, a couple of weeks in which to arrange the move. Platinum was extraordinary in working with me to plan the review rapidly and the resulting pack-out. The group they had for me was obliging, proficient, and fast. There was somewhat of a postponement in the entry of the holder from Baltimore, MD because of a mishap and activity that day yet that was minor considering everything by and large. They additionally combined me with an incredible organization in Mexico, called Balderas. There were just a couple of days postponement at the traditions/port in Veracruz before my stuff landed at my new able in Mexico City. Generally, thanks such a great amount to Platinum and Balderas for making the move easily on their parts.”
ABOUT OUR WHITE GLOVE SERVICE
With 30+ years in the moving & shipping business, Platinum has done it all—and done it exceptionally well. Even the Smithsonian raves about us!